Sunday, August 23, 2009

Things that make you go woo-woo


Not really.

Just checking in with my faithful blog readers, both of you :)

Late July, I got myself a puppy at the Terre Haute Humane Society. He's a little chihuahua mix. He's very sweet and very rambunctious.

It's been a little bit of an adjustment for the granddaughter. She's got some jealousy stuff going on. She wants to play but she gets him so riled up that he inevitably ends up scratching her or nipping her and then she of course screams which escalates it MORE!

The cat at first was standoffish but now they play/fight continually. I noticed this morning the dog has many bite marks and scratch marks on his tender little puppy flesh. I'll have to remember to trim nails often.

Potty training is hard! But we are working hard at it. I'd like to have it accomplished before winter.

He walks with me some times but I've decided I need to do leash training outside the confines of my walks. I'm walking for my health and stopping continually doesn't cut it.

Hubby, granddaughter and I traveled to Indianpolis yesterday to have lunch with our son and his wife. She fixed a really nice turkey meatloaf and roasted veggies. I was impressed.

We also delivered their Christmas present. Yes, we know it's August, but they needed it now. We got them a new computer. It was a Lenovo. The same one I bought myself in July.

* Model Number: Lenovo K220-K3644-53581FU
* CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200
* Memory: 4GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM
* Video: Integrated Intel X4500, DirectX 10 supported
* Hard Drive: 500GB, SATA II
* Optical Drive: 16X DVDRW DL w/ 12X DVD-RAM Drive
* Card Reader: 16-in-1 Card Reader. MD, CFI/II, xD, MS Pro/Duo/Pro Duo, SD, SDHC, Mini SD, Mini SDHC, MMC
* Network: 10/100 ethernet connection
* Accessories: Keyboard and Optical Mouse included
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit w/ SP1
* Warranty: 1 year limited warranty



Other than that my, uh, part time job is keeping me really busy.

Peace to you and yours.