Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekends that refresh

What started out as a trip to St. Louis for a Cardinals ballgame became a shopping trip to Indianapolis.

Friday night we arrived in Indianapolis and checked into Fairfield Inn. Our room was nice and the beds very comfortable. Although there was a pool we never got around to getting into it.

Our son and his wife met us for dinner at Abuelo's. The food was very tasty and I would recommend it to anyone. We started our meal with Abuelo's Dip Sampler. Two of the three dips were cheese dips and they were a little better than average but the Avocado Cream Dip was to die for. The portions were large and the service was excellent.

After dinner we gave them our Cardinals tickets and a little bit of green stuff as an early birthday present for our son.

The next morning we headed out on our quest to spend money to stimulate the economy. Our first stop was Bicycle Garage, Indy which wasn't open yet.

So, we decided to head up to Fry's in Fishers and check out computer. Mine is beginning to show its age and is a pain some times. We found a Lenovo that will work just fine for my purposes.

Back to BGI where hubby looked for a bike he is interested in, the Jamis Commuter 3. They didn't have what he was looking for. While I was there, I started feeling like I was low (blood sugar) and I was. I ingested 3 of those hideous tablets and started feeling better.

Lunch was next on the agenda. Our daughter had recommended Joe's Crab Shack on a lake.
We were so glad we chose this for lunch. We had the Classic Steam Pot for 2, which included crab, shrimp, sausage (delicious), corn and potatoes. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the experience. An added bonus was this lunch didn't drive my blood sugars up.

Onward to the next bike shop, ICS. We really enjoyed looking in this shop. The people were appropriately helpful and it was just pleasant. However, they did not have what hubby was looking for.

Alas and alack, I believe he will be order his bike from Bicyle Bananas in Reno, NV. They have what he wants at a good price.

We headed home late Saturday, fully intending to meet our daughter and family in Arcola for the fireworks show. Given what happened, I'm glad we begged off.

Sunday morning, I fell out of bed and went to church, heard a wonderful sermon, sang uplifting songs and had my soul renewed. Pastor Brad preached a sermon meant just for me.

After church, daughter, granddaughter, hubby and I made a journey to Clinton Lake and made use of their wonderful beach. Granddaughter and I had a wonderful time playing Super Duck be chased by Evil Shark. (I was the evil shark.)

The day ended with dinner at Rainbow Garden in Champaign where son-in-law joined us.