Thursday, April 02, 2009

Starting over, over over....

Monday, my cellphone gave me a reminder that I needed to do my fasting labs for my appointment with my endocrinologist on the 13th. I stewed about this for a few days.
There's really no point in doing those labs for 2 reasons. 1) I haven't been taking my medicine, dieting or exercising for quite a while now 2) I'm not going back to that doctor.

I don't like him and I've tried to tell myself that I don't have to like him, I just have to take his advice. There are three reasons I don't care to follow his advice. 1) I'm not going to explain to you. 2) He's shorter and fatter than I am so obviously he doesn't follow his own advice. 3) He has a lousy personality and bedside manner.

I don't want to be coddled but I also don't want sarcasm or distaste from my doctor. Yeah, I'm not the world's greatest patient. I fall off the medicine regime frequently.

You might not think so but getting through that thought process was a positive thing for me.

I did call my other doctor and scheduled an annual with her. She was willing to treat all my crap originally and I'm going to ask her to try again. Originally she wanted to put me on insulin. I think I'm ready. I'm not ready for the constant nausea that I get from the other medications, which is why I quit taking them frequently. I just want to feel normal.

Spring is here and maybe I can get myself to start walking again. The granddaughter is getting a bike for her birthday which will stay here. She and I can walk/ride to the park a couple of times a week.

What do you think?