Friday, April 17, 2009

Lawless, Lawbreaking, Grandparent Criminals

is what we are.

Daughter recounted this story to me just a few minutes ago:

Daughter and Granddaughter were in the grocery store and a woman stopped to comment on Granddaughter's eyes (which is happening more and more often). She went on to say that someday granddaughter was going to be a heart breaker.

Daughter replied that she couldn't wait for that.

Then Granddaughter chimed in with "Paypoo and I are lawbreakers."

Daughter said "I thought you were partners in crime."

Granddaughter replies, "That too, but we're lawbreakers".

Background on our criminal activities: Often, when the weather is nice, Granddaughter and I will walk up to the main road (we live on a cul de sac) to meet Paypoo when he is coming home. Granddaughter will then get in his lap and "drive home".

Yesterday, she was driving like a maniac, (which, I thought to myself, is why 3 year olds can't drive) and Paypoo said to her "You know we are lawbreakers".

I thought to myself, she is going to repeat that to someone and of course she did.