Friday, April 17, 2009

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

I did a google for liberal organizations and the 2nd entry was hysterical on one level and sad on another.

The site is called Conservapedia and on it's logo it says: The Trustworthy Encyclopedia. The very first thing on the page is their definition of liberal: A liberal is someone who rejects logical and biblical standards, often for self-centered reasons. There are no coherent liberal standards; often a liberal is merely someone who craves attention, and who uses many words to say nothing.

I could go on and on about this but it would be more fun for you to look at the page.

They give a list of things liberals support and among my favorites are:Environmentalism, Disarmament treaties, support of labor unions, and my personal favorite, insisting that men and women have the same access to jobs in the military.

My husband continually asks me why I read such things. I think it is important to know what others are thinking and WHERE their information is coming from.

I
watched Janeane Garofalo on Countdown with Keith Olbermann last night. I found myself really upset by her rhetoric, even though we largely agree. The way she was talking about the tea part protestors was at the very least disturbing. Although, I am inclined to give Obama a chance with his program and fully support him, I understand people who don't want to see more government. I think they mainly don't understand but I think they want what in their minds is best for the country. Liberals don't have to act like Sarah Palin to get their points across right now.

Recently, I had a conversation with my pastor, in which I said that I thought Obama was the most Christ-like leader we've had in a long time. I think that, because he is trying to have dialog with those countries we've had differences with. The Bible INSTRUCTS us to have dialog. Obama has reached across political divides in this country and tried to have dialog. The Bible INSTRUCTS us to have dialog. I know some see those attempts as failures but I would point out to you that Jesus' success was only recognized after-the-fact.

I guess I'll end this by saying that I wish people could treat each other better.