Monday, February 16, 2009

Traveling Mercies

Just one week from today, I will be on a plane headed for Sacramento.

My sister is leaving California behind and moving back to what passes as home for our family, Arkansas.

On Tuesday we will get in the rented SUV, load 4 Japanese Chins, and 2 cats and make the 2000+ mile trek.

We need to be in Arkansas by Friday by 5 p.m. so that's roughly 500+ miles a day.

I think our overnight stops will be:

Night1 Needles, CA
Night2 Albuquerque, NM
Night3 Oklahoma City, OK

& then on in to Cabot, Arkansas.

I have never done a trip this long and I do have some trepidation but there is nothing that my sister and I can't do working together.

I think it will be quite an adventure finding hotels/motels that will take that many animals or that we can sneak them into. :)

I am trying to borrow a laptop so that I can keep connected to the internet and if so I'll update you all on our adventures and post pictures.