Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where are they coming from?

As I watched the concert at the Lincoln Memorial today, several times I was brought to tears. My son-in-law said I must have "unresolved issues" and that is going to be a long 4 years.

He's probably right on the first part and wrong on the second part. I don't know why I was crying. I think perhaps it was that moment of letting down after the long election cycle. Although I knew Obama was the right person for the job and I supported him from day one, I don't think I ever really believed that it would happen. Perhaps right up until today I've been afraid to take a deep breath.

It is here and in less that 48 hours, God willing, he will be our new president. Hopefully, it will usher in a change particularly in terms of civility between the political parties so that this nation can be a place where you can enjoy the fruit of your labors while helping those who need a helping hand.

As for being a long four years, I don't agree. The time will speed by before we are in that DAMN election cycle again.

I did appreciate the fact that HBO chose to telecast it for all of us to watch that wanted to.

I still have the inauguration to get through. Where is that other box of tissue?