Saturday, January 10, 2009

Slip Sliding Away

The first clue should have been the walk from the house to the car. It was a little slick.

I get in the car, look at the road. It looks wet.

I put the car in drive, inch out of the driveway, pull into our street, put it in to drive and proceed.
Drive slowly. Creeping actually.
Start to turn left. Car proceeds forward. Finally stop. Back up.
Creep slower. Back up and turn left.
Go to the head of the street. Slow way down. Start stopping way back from stop sign. Car proceeds forward, not stopping. I go through the stop sign, onto Duncan (for those of you who don't live here, it's way busy) and finally stop.
Back that Mercury up. Back into a free driveway and creep back to my driveway, park my car, carefully go back into the house.

Where I am staying until the spring thaw.

Since I got home, I've heard copious amounts of sirens.