Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Letting go of bitter, divisive thoughts.

*
If I voted for Obama because he's black, did you vote against him because's not white?
*
I've been told by numerous people that they voted for Bush because of abortion, homosexual marriage and stem cell research. What exactly has Bush done about abortion in this country in 8 years? What has he done to stop homosexual marriage in this country? If I'm not mistaken there is more stem cell research now than when he took office. I've got news for you conservative voters...Bush, McCain neither one of them give a rat's ass about abortion, they are just pandering to that "right-wing base".
*
Barack is not a Christian? He says he is. He has the actions of a Christian? So tell me, you get to decide who is Christian and who isn't now? We are going to just leave God out of the deciding business, all together?
*
That fact that you voted for John McCain does not make you ignorant. The fact that I voted for Barack Obama does not make me ignorant or niave. I knew exactly why I was voting for him. He wasn't fooling me.

Barack's views on abortion, torture, fixing the economy, stem-cell research, wiretapping citizens, Guantanemo, the environment, his plan to get us OUT OF IRAQ and improving education in this country roughly match with mine. I do not agree with his views on homosexual marriage but the other issues outweighed that for now.

I did not vote for McCain because of his temperament, his stated views on abortion, his plan to fix the economy, his stated view on torture, his views on privacy legislation and his hawkish tendencies. I did not believe that he could help this country in any meaningful way.

It's a difference in political ideologies not a division between good and evil or Christian and un-Christian as is being portrayed by some right-wing conservative Christians.