Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adventures in Cooking #4 (with results)

I did not notify you in advance about this adventure so you will get the adventure and result in one post.

I had nothing thawed so I checked my cabinets and I did have 2 cans of salmon. Everyone likes
salmon croquettes but I wanted something different. So to the internet go I and find this recipe.

I did not use the capers because I did not have any. Other than that I stuck with the recipe.

This recipe has potential but it is not quite there yet. It needs tweaking. The texture was kind of custardy if you can imagine that with salmon. It needs more spicing for sure. I will make it again but will be modifying.

Hubby liked, I liked. Daughter wouldn't touch, son-in-law liked but agreed it needs work and granddaughter spit it out. So I guess that is a mixed review.

Ingredients

1 can Red Sockeye Salmon 1 Onion small / chopped
1 cup Cracker crumbs 1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Butter melted Salt & pepper
2 Eggs beaten4 tablespoons Capers

Instructions for Anne's Famous Salmon Loaf

Pour off the liquid and pick out bones and skin of salmon (these are perfect for distracting the cat while cooking the rest of the dish). Flake salmon with a fork, add all other ingredients, except for capers, and mix them together. Pour into small well greased casserole and cover with lid. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with about 1 tbsp. capers sprinkled over each serving.

Tastes great with a salad, baked potatoes, and corn niblets.