Monday, August 04, 2008

Fishing Worms

Heywood Banks, of Bob & Tom fame has a song called Fishing worms...I so wish I could find the words for it.

Yesterday found me buying a cartoon of nightcrawlers and heading towards Lake of the Woods in Mahomet. I was a little tired of catching baby bluegill and thought I would try something new.

I was there about 5 minutes when I caught a 2 lb. catfish. It was quite a thrill. It was also quite a thrill getting the hook out of his mouth since I am probably more scared of him than he is of me.

I caught several more sunfish of several varieties that were actually nice sized.

When I ran out of worms, I headed home, made a wrong turn and ended up lost in Northern Champaign County. I knew eventually I would find something that would tell me where I was.

Later, hubby and I went back fishing and had a good time. He caught several nice sunfish and a decent-sized catfish. I caught a keeper sized bass---the first since I've been an adult. It probably weight 1.5-2 lbs. It was a thrill.

It was a good fishing day.