Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adventures in Cooking

I've made it to the ripe old age of 52 and am still not much of a cook. I can do simple stuff but I'm not adventurous.

Recently we bought a new stove. The old one was part of the reason I didn't want to cook. So now what's my excuse.

I am going to try at least one new recipe a week and I will share them with you. then critique them after they've been eaten.

To start off, today I have TWO recipes.

The first is a basic roasted chicken from The Paupered Chef. What attracted me to this recipe was the promise of crispy skin. Who doesn't love crispy skin? The chicken that is being sacrificed for this adventures is one I bought at Farmer's Market in Urbana from the Moores.

The second recipe, Berry Strata, I saw on Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis. I am not sure why it appealed to me because I'm not a fan of bread puddings which this is kinda like. I'll let ya know.

Both things are now in the fridge. The chicken prepared last night, the strata prepared this morning to be cooked this evening.

Now what shall we have with it?