Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Frustration abounds


Along with some situations I won't discuss here, I am frustrated with ME!

I am off the track with taking care of my health and I can't seem to get back on track.

First, it would be so simple to round my medications up again and put them in my pill minder. I am only taking 4 Metformin, Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, and Cymbalta. I did at one time take much more than that. But no, I haven't bothered to that for several days now. Some stuff is in the kitchen, some on the shelf in the hallway, some is upstairs in my bedroom.

Second, I've been eating the last few days/weeks like I can eat whatever I freaking choose. Last night I had KFC, today BW3's and if that wasn't enough, daughter and I shared a Fudgy Chocolatey Dessert.

My weight has been maintaining but I can see that it won't if I don't cut it out.

Motivation and being pissed off are two of the causes here.

Motivation- what the hell. I know the consequences of doing it right and not doing it. You'd think that would be motivation enough, wouldn't you.

Pissed off- I probably need to call my Diabetic Educator or my doctor's nurse and talk to them about what's bugging me.

I had some success early with getting off my blood pressure meds. That was great motivation.

Then I got my blood sugars in the range the doctor wanted 95% of the time. I was due to up my Byetta dose so I called the Diabetic Educator and she talked to the doctor. Even though my numbers were great he STILL wanted me to go to the high dose.

I don't want to go through the whole month of throwing up and nausea again. I really don't want to do it and that has pissed me off.

Frustration is peaking today because last night I was kept awake by the wonderful side effect of Byetta, the cough. I talked to the pharmacist and he thought there was nothing I could do for it. If I did go to sleep, I woke up drowning. Being tired doesn't help the mindset.

I really don't know how to get myself back on track again.





(granddaughter just came in and said "I think my car is out of gas")