Monday, February 04, 2008

So starts the week that will live infamy

The son-in-law is scheduled to have surgery on Wednesday.

Today, he starts on a clear liquid diet and he drank a bottle of magnesium citrate.
He's off work now until all of this is over.

Tomorrow he is taking laxatives and anti-biotics all day long.

His dad and his dad's wife and his stepmother and her husband are coming for the surgery. They are all staying at hotels, thank goodness. We just don't have room around here. PLUS I need to try to keep granddaughter's routine as much as possible.

I'm really hoping that they all get here so late tomorrow that they don't come to the house. SIL has to be at the hospital at 5:00 and everyone should just go to bed.

He will be in the hospital for a week and then will be at home recovering for up to six weeks.

I'm tired and scared because it's on me.

I should have gone back to work.