Friday, February 08, 2008

One thing after another, after another, after another

My son-in-law had his surgery on Wednesday.

The surgery took close to 5 hours. They were supposed to take 4 inches of his colon but ended up taking closer to 12 inches of the sigmoid colon.

After the surgery he was and still is in a lot of pain. It was awful to see him for the first few minutes after he got to his room.

Speaking of getting to his room. We were sent to 3 different rooms before we were finally able to find him. I am NOT pleased with PROVENA COVENANT HOSPITAL over this. I asked to see a hospital administrator but one never showed up. I'll wait now until he is out of there and go back up and voice my concerns. They certainly won't be getting a "5" from us.

It has been difficult to take the granddaughter up there because she wants to get into everything and she wants to "Hop on Pop". Even yesterday he could barely stay awake for longer than a couple of minutes at a time.

The doctor said he will stay in the hospital for 7 days give or take a couple of days on either side. Although I know he will be hating the hospital by then, I'd like the longer because it is going to be difficult when he gets home and I will be the one here most of the time.

Does that sound selfish?