Monday, January 28, 2008

You are not forgotten, dear blog (and blogger friends)

I've been busy but I should have taken time to write a little. Now I don't know where to start or what to talk about.

My brother-in-law's death has hit me harder than I thought it would. I've always been quite fond of him though we haven't spent a lot of time together.

My sister is doing well under the circumstances. She is a very strong women who shows her strength but talking about her feelings and asking for help when she needs it. I know it is going to be up and down for a while but she is doing some really smart things to help herself.

My granddaughter talks about Aunt Bambi all the time now. She's been calling her most nights to tell her good night. She will often say, is it time to call Aunt Bambi yet?

I got tickled last night when talking to my sister. My daugther, SIL and granddaughter came in from shopping. Daughter told me that GD had picked up a puzzle but then forgot about it and dropped and then asked about when she got home. I told my sister what was going on by spelling puzzle out. When she got on the phone my sister asked GD about the puzzle, I laughed until I almost cried.

My daughter is still having trouble with the renters from hell. We were there Saturday to clean out the garage. Several things upset us.

They had turn down the lattice work from the foundation of the addition at the back of the house to stick up pieces of insulation. Now we have to go in and put something up to cover it.

They had 2 cats in a pen in the back yard behind the shed. Several issues for me here.. They had straw butted up against the garage...I'm thinking rot and termites. I told them that when warm weather came the straw had to go. The other thing that pisses me off is that these cats are ALWAYS in the pen. They do not come in the house and they aren't allowed to run loose. WHy have them?

Probably some other things I'm forgetting but then today I get an email from them raising hell with us because we talked about listing the house.

They have been a pain in the ass from day one and now are threatening to move out. I say BYE. This is the newly divorced mother of one of daughter's friend. I told her not to do business with friends.

Even though I haven't been writing I have been keeping up with eveyrone via bloglines.

Peace