Sunday, January 20, 2008

My apologies

for being gone so long.

As you might have read, my beloved brother-in-law died January 9th. for the next week it was a mad dash to get everything done for his funeral.

His body had to be flown from California to Missouri which believe it or not was the easy part. It was what had to happen before that was complicated. But one way or another it was done.

I was grateful that both of my children, my daughter-in-law and my husband were able to arrange work schedules and drive down to the funeral. I hope we were good support for my sister.

Even though the circumstances sucked, I enjoyed spending time with my sister and my family together.

My granddaughter stayed behind with her Terre Haute caregivers, Rick and Robin. Robin just happened to have 8 days off in a row so she kept granddaughter from Saturday until Wednesday for us. It made things so much easier.

Now my sister takes on the hard task of learning to live her new life. I just want to wrap my arms around her. She is, however, a very strong woman and she will come out of this a changed person but a stronger person.