Thursday, January 10, 2008

Larry

beloved husband of Mary

child of Carole Marie and Andrew Anthony

little brother

to

Patrick

Michael

Stephen

Matthew

Teresa

Kathy

master and companion

to

Keiko

Suki

Aiko

Yoshi

Cricket

Paco

left us

on

January 9, 2008

too early

for my tastes and sensibilities


He leaves behind

memories

of

special teasing

quick laughter

compassion

hard work

twinkling eyes

funny stories

hollers for the Dallas Cowboys

quiet days


gentle memories

loving memories


I don't know who he is teasing now

but

they are the lucky ones.


I hope that he will come by to see me

from time to time

in the form

of a duck

waddling around

I'll look at the duck

&

that duck will

look at me

and we'll give each other

a little nod

&

a wink

&

we'll both be remembering

the time

he scared

the bejesus out of me

on a fire road

knowing i am

scared of heights

followed by a bee

interested in my undergarments

&

we'll remember

how hard he laughed

and that he could

do nothing

to

help me with that damn bee

so he just laughed

until he cried