Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The education of Miss Tara and Miss Laura

I only feel like posting because I forgot to take my medications this morning. I thought I'd get a post in before I walk down and get them.

It's an awful thought that I wondered why I felt so good then remembered that I had forgotten the very thing that is supposed to make me feel better.

The granddaughter started her new school today at Parkland. She was so excited last night, that she could not fall asleep until well after midnight. She got up easily and was ready to go. Although daughter had promised her she could bring her taggie in she forgot about it in the excitement of getting there so it didn't become and issue. She separated easily from us as soon as she saw the Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead. Her entourage for the first day was her Mom, Mamie and Grandpooh. I forgot my camera so no paparazzi where present to record the momentous event.

Mom and I watched her through the one way glass for a few minutes before retrieving her. The children were getting "bathroomed" and then being put on cots. We saw Miss Laura pick her up and put her on the couch. She promptly stood up on the couch (much like she does at home) and reached over the top to get to some manipulatives. Miss Laura removed the manipulatives and went to do something else, at which time the little dumpling started wandering the room, visitin with the various children on the cots or spending a moment with the odd toy here and there.

We finally rescued Miss Laura and Miss Tara but Princess did not want to leave. We had to pick her up and carry her out of the room. She pretend cried a bit and I really think she was physically and emotionally exhausted. She stopped in the outer lobby to look at the fish. She was asleep before we got her mother back to work and I was able to carry her in and deposit her in bed. She is still napping. I will wake her at 3 so we can get her to bed tonight.