Friday, December 21, 2007

Am I horrible?

I am trying rationalize something I did today. I don't think I was wrong but I probably could have let it pass.

Today, as my groceries were being rung up, the cashier and the fella bagging my groceries were talking disparagingly about another employee. It seems this employee can't do anything right and she is a slut in her personal life.

The cashier did not want this particular person bagging groceries for her because she is slow and doesn't bag correctly.

In fact, truth be known, the cashier can do it faster and better than any of the baggers unless it is a huge order.

Employee X also misuses her break times but stretching them a minute or two either way.

Get the drift?

I stopped at Customer Service on the way out and asked to speak to a manager. I told her without much emotion about the exchange between the two employees, told her who they were and who they were talking about. I told her it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I guess I could have ignored the whole thing but this kind of behavior by store personnel is becoming the norm.

The manager was very nice and said she completely understood. She said she would talk to the two.

What do you think?