Thursday, November 29, 2007

I used to read the news

I had a routine.

I would first read my email accounts.

Then check on my blog.

Then I would read some news:

NYTimes.com
news.google.com
Washingtonpost.com
CNN.com
Foxnews.com (yes I know this isn't really news)
usatoday.com -I would read the headlines from three states
Local news-2 local papers and several television websites

I wasn't the best informed person but I was informed.

Now? I find myself avoiding this routine. For instance, I've seen headlines about Pakistan but I haven't read anything about it and I don't care to. My daughter has tried to talk to me about Baby Grace but I refuse to know anything more than the headlines about this.

I just don't want to know the news. Maybe I'm just taking a Hiatus from it for a while. I sure hope so.