Thursday, October 25, 2007

Today while the blo... blah

Daughter woke up this morning in a mood.

First, she had to be to work an hour early, which she had neglected to tell me. She didn't want to drive because she might not get a lunch break and therefore would not be able to pick her dad up for lunch.

Had I known that we would have traded vehicles with SIL who has the carseat already in their car. This meant we had to put the carseat in our car.. which was fine, should have been done before now.

Second, we went through the nothing fits, I have nothing to wear ritual again at the top of our lungs. I went in my bedroom and shut my door trying a new tactic. Her screaming elicits a "fight or flight" reaction in me which I am sure is probably not good for my blood pressure.

In addition, her coat is at her house and it is cold outside. I offered her my coat for the day but evidently my coat is a major fashion tragedy and could not be worn even if it meant dying of cold while smoking outside today.

I'm going to try to talk to them both tonight at dinner about some things. Wish me luck.

On top of that, SIL has driven our car a few times. You should probably understand that at this point we only have 2 cars for 3 working people. 2 of the people work within a mile and a half and the other works completely across town.

Anyway, I drive with the carseat completely straight up. SIL reclines while he is driving. The seat will not go completely back up, now. It's not horribly bad but it's a pain. A minor irritant in a sea of irritants.

I realized last night, as I was trying to go to sleep that I really can't make any of them do what I want or need them to do. I can't change them, I can only change me. No one can walk on me unless I sit still and cower.

I did better this morning... I did better at detaching from daughter's fit.