Friday, October 26, 2007

Nice evening

It sure is nice to have everyone under one roof tonight.

Son and his wife got here about four. They had a good time playing with the granddaughter. They are crazy about her and she is crazy about them. DIL brought a children's book autographed by the author.

We had a nice meal.. our favorite cheap meal. Everyone had 2nds and 3rds. Nice bowl of Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream with a mint cook topped it off nicely.

We played a little bit of Texas Holdem after dinner and then Euchre. Hubby had never played before but he is a good card player and did well.

Daughter had a mini-meltdown tonight. She was under the impression that I was going to keep the kid this weekend while they went and worked on the house and took care of some business things. I never remember saying I would or offering.

She didn't want to have to deal with the munchkin while looking for a car and closing out their bank accounts and doesn't feel like they can get anything done at the house with her there.

BUT there is also a birthday party they want to go to tomorrow night and I think that is the real issue.

I may go ahead and keep her and just have a lazy weekend with her. Not worry about housework or cooking and the three of us just lie around. It won't make hubby happy, I know.

And I know that I really need the rest.