Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blogging

For several reasons I've not really "blogged" this week.

I'm feeling a little more life-like today. I've just got to remember to start taking things one-day-at-a-time and let tomorrow take care of itself.

So onward...

I went and picked up our new DVR boxes yesterday. We had to wait about 20 minutes in the cable office. A rather large man with a really menacing look came in. It was obvious that something had gotten him in a mood.

The granddaughter, who prior to his entry had been fluttering around the office, sidled back up to me and in a rather large voice, while pointing at the man, says "I don't like that man".

How red was my face? Arkansas slicing 'mater red.

I apologized to the man, who was not really interested in discussing my granddaughter's manners.

What I realized later was that what she was REALLY saying was "I am scared of that man". On the way home we discussed the incident and I tried to give her some vocabulary to use next time she was frightened of someone.

We now have DVR. I think in less that 24 hours we have about 20 hours saved. I watched Criminal Minds and Top Chef this morning. That's almost more television than I watch in a week usually.
It sure makes it easier watch a show with a small child around.