Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday morning


The sun is shining. It is a mere 65 degrees. The birds are singing. Everyone is asleep except me and the cat. He is curled around my toes waiting to bite me if I move one little, teeny bit. (I think I've figured out that cats PMS 24/7.) And I'm sad, probably bordering on depression.

I can't fix the thing that is bothering me so and I can't do anything about it for the time being. I feel like I am continually waiting for the other shoe to drop. This makes me irritable, cranky and sad. I want to eat everything in sight or I want to eat nothing at all.

It's hard being an upbeat caregiver to that little 2-year-old all the time when I feel this way. She doesn't deserve my sadness or to have consequences from the situation at hand.

I feel like I am walking a tight rope with the fate of the world (or at least my portion of it) my responsibility. I know that is insane thinking but there it is. I have several difficult personalities, including mine to juggle and it is getting really, really old.

And like I said in a previous post, I really have no one to talk to about it. The cat will listen but I don't believe he understands. He looks at me with these really evil eyes. I think he just waits for me to shut up, so he can continue his, uh, cat nap or feed him.

The weather guys says this system will continue for some months so make all your preparations and buckle in for the ride.


The above artwork can be found here