Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Library

I took the munchkin to the library this morning for Tuesday Twos where children enjoy stories, songs, and movement activities for two-year-olds with a parent or caregiver.

We spent about 30 minutes before looking at and checking out some books. She liked the Lego table until a little boy took the lego she had in her hand away :(

The woman doing the event was really good. It reminded me of herding cats as there was an assortment of male/female, English speaking/non-english speaking children there. Munchkin was in observing mode today and didn't participate a lot. I'm hoping as we go back week after week she will start participating.

Our reading list from the library is:

Hop on Pop
Lucky Song
Baby Shoes
So Sleepy Story
Sweet Dreams: Bedtime Poems, Songs & Lullabies
Ella Sarah Gets Dressed (one of my all time favorites
Tomie's Mother Goose Flies Again
You Read to Me and I'll Read to You.