Saturday, June 30, 2007

A good tired

I've been at my daughter's since Wednesday, babysitting.

My granddaughter is delightful as I might have mentioned before. This was her last week of "school" so on Friday her Paypu came to town so he could be there to pick her up from school. She won't go back until this fall.

We had a delightful time with her yesterday. We took her to a local park where she was able to see a family of ducks. We spent some time in the nature center there looking at snakes and turtles and frogs and you name it. We watched the birds feeding out the observation windows.

We played on the playground equipment and then decided to walk the trails. Well, here's the problem. I had on a pair of Crocs, old Crocs. Basically the tread is gone. I fell and busted my butt and had mud from my waist to my toes. When I fall, it usually takes me a couple of minutes to get up... first I have to recover from the embarassment and then I have to make sure everything is working before I get up.

Even though I was IN PAIN, it was very cute when granddaughter comes over to me, (she and Paypu were walking ahead of me when I spilled) squats down and says "Mamie get up". She turns to Paypu and says, "Mamie fall down, again". ( I fell in their garage a couple of weeks ago)

Today the tribe headed to Owen County, Indiana to Cataract Falls, Leiber State Park and McCormicks Creek State Park. All three places were beautiful and we had a grand time looking at the falls, going to another nature center and hiking a trail to cave. Granddaughter walked almost 2 miles on one trail. Then she stopped, started crying, squatted down and screamed, "I can't walk, I can't walk". It was the cutest thing, I tell ya.

After we left them, we headed home, only to get stopped by a LONG train.. Unfortunately, the man who was driving, left the lights and radio on and turned the engine off. When the train finally passed, our car would not start. A nice couple jumped us and we were on our way once again. We are both exhausted.