Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sigh

That'll learn me to go poking around obituaries in the middle of the night.

I found the following:

Letha M. Jones

Letha M. Jones, age 74, died May 20, 2007. She was born near Marianna on Sept. 25, 1932, to Hulett and Lula Graham. She was a member of Brownsville First Baptist Church. She was retired and enjoyed volunteering at Lonoke County Cares, was a member of the Jacksonville Duplicate Bridge Club and Little Rock Duplicate Bridge Club, and was a Bronze Life Master with the American Contract Bridge League.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Freeman Jones.

Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Patti and Bill Adams of Lonoke; and sisters Mildred Berry of Poplar Grove, Lavinia Fuqua of Star City, Stella Brogdon of Higden, and Barbara Goodman of Montgomery, Ala.

Funeral services were held Monday May 21, 2007, at First Baptist Church in Brownsville. Interment will follow in Weir Cemetery.


She was one of my mother's circle of friends. One of my favorites. She loved my children and my children loved her. She came to the "bridge group" kind of late and she was the youngest of the group. We kept in touch for some time after mother died and of course tonight I am wishing I'd done a better job.