Monday, May 14, 2007

Getting ready

I am getting ready for my performance Friday night.

I am getting ready by doing little of nothing.

Relaxing.

Watching Barefoot Contessa.

Random loads of laundry.

Taking care of my health.

I am really pleased at how well I am doing the above. I watch every bite that goes in my mouth. I make informed decisions about what to eat and what not to eat.

One thing I believe has really helped me is eating breakfast every morning. I used to not eat for several hours after getting up. Now, I eat a bowl of cereal everyday. Gets things started right, I think.

Saturday night I treated myself to a chocolate shake at Steak and Shake but the catch is I had a junior shake not one of their huge ones. Along with that I had a single burger. It was satisfying. I wouldn't do that everyday but doing it once in a while increases my sense of control over my food.

And I am seeing the benefits. I go back to the doctor in July and I expect a much better A1C reading.