Sunday, March 11, 2007

She peed in the potty again

...I yelled downstairs to my husband.

"Cool" he says.

"This is the second time today", I remind him.

We spent most of the weekend with my daughter and her family.

Originally we were to go to Arkansas for a family reunion but one of my mother-in-law's aunts died on Wednesday and the funeral was scheduled smack dab in the middle of family reunion time. Although the reunion was still scheduled to go on, it was moved to the evening and we knew that we really wouldn't get much visiting time. When she said she would understand if we didn't come, we decided not to. :)

Hubby, daughter and son-in-law still had their days off so we we made a reservation at Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio. It is basically an overpriced hotel with and indoor water park attached.

As I was waiting in line to check in, the woman in front of me, turned and said, "I was hoping it wouldn't be so crowded this weekend after the news reports".


"News reports?" says I.

She went on to tell me that 85 guests had fallen sick, with unexplained rashes and other flu-like symptoms but that they thought maybe it was just the heat and chlorine.

Okay, so now we are on our mini-vacation with a 23 month old and people have been getting sick. I had my daughter the cellphone and have her call my son to google. He reads the article which is basically what the lady had told me.

When I finally got up to check in, I asked the checkin person if the problem had been solved. She told me there never was a problem, just people trying to cause trouble. That made me more anxious.

We stayed.

We splashed, floated, went down slides, enjoyed the wave pool, and got big buckets of water dumped on our heads. We made sure the youngun had a good bath after playing and no one is sick or rashy, yet.

The next day we went to Newport Kentucky to the Newport Aquarium. My daughter who works in the television industry was able to get media passes so we got in for free.

I thoroughly enjoyed the penguins and the sharks. The granddaugther was wide-eyed at everything but she seemed to have a good time following her Grandpu (which she pronounces PAY-POOH).

We stopped at the Metropolis in Indianapolis on the way home and met up with our son and daughter-in-law. They were amazed at how much more she is talking now.

When you ask her a question and her answer is yes. SHe says "I do" with a big emphasis on the "do". It is very cute. While we were driving she kept saying "want drive" over and over and over and over.

She was very easy to travel with. She is very easygoing and accomodating.

So back to "She peed in the potty again".

We both had to laugh outloud when we realized that we were both really excited about her
"peeing in the pooty" and hopelessly, and helplessly in love with this little gir.