Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thoughts

I finally did something for myself and went to talk to a counselor.

My husband's job has been in flux for nearly a year now. Last April we learned that his company was in the process of being purchased by a multinational company. Since then we've lived in limbo.

No one really knew if they would keep the place open, keep some or all of the employees, how the benefits would change, etc.

It was supposed to close in July, then Sept, then October, then December, then March. Last week we learned that the CEO and CFO of the company doing the buying had been fired by their BOD. Jiminy Christmas.

Email comes out the sale is still on.

Yesterday, new email. The sale is off. Why we really don't know.

So, there is your background.

The anxiety has increased and increased. I've been binge eating, NOT taking my medicine and generally not taking care of myself. But still trying to take care of everyone else.


Anyway, after an hour of talking to the counselor I felt much better and I had a plan. I will see her again next week.

She said listening to all my stressors (and there are more I'm not free to share) she was feeling stressed.

I'm reading a book, taking my meds, calling the doc to get a anti-depressent and joining a group.

A big part of my problem is loneliness. I've lived here almost 5 years and I have not friend one here. I am a very social person and it is killing me.