Friday, June 23, 2006

Ch-ch-changes

Okay, trying a new strategy in the war with my body.

I've identified things I need to do but when I looked at the list I got so overwhelmed, I wanted to cry.

I am at the lowest weight I've been for probably 10 years. That's good. Down 40 from top weight. Lost it in about a year and half. Still need to lose about a small person.

I keep getting off of pop and back on. Stress seems to bring the need for it. Seems simple, doesn't it. Don't get stressed. Sigh. Even though I think bottled water is a waste of money, I've started buying it and keeping it cold. It is helping overcome that craving.

This next little bit, my focus is on eating 1 piece of fruit a day. I bought a bunch yesterday and had my first apple in a long time with lunch.

I'm back to taking my meds everyday and my stomach is an uproar over it. Let's put it this way, I leave a lot of reading material in the bathroom.

I plan to start taking my blood sugars again starting July 1st, giving the meds and my miniscule changes time to work. I play to see the doctor for my 3 month (which is 3 months overdue) at the end of July.

I need to start walking but it is so hot. I've had short walks a couple of times when it was about to rain and cooled down for a bit but I'm not pushing that because I have all the change I can handle right now. If I feel like walking, I will.

That is my next addition to my arsenal in the "war against my body".