Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update

I am still not feeling well.

Yesterday was particularly bad. I felt like I had someone sitting on my chest. That feeling finally passed about 2 a.m. this morning. I'm not sure why that happened yesterday---maybe all the wetness in the air from the snow. I know that we had a heavy dinner and that intensified the feeling.

My daughter is probably about to lose granddaughter's caregivers. He interviewed for a job 4 hours away that he is likely to get. My daughter looked into subsidized day care and they did not qualify. A family of three can't gross more than $1700 a month. So basically to qualify with two people working you both have to be grossing somewhat less than minimum wage. I think it would pay the kids for hubby to go to part time work instead of fulltime. Then they would qualify for food stamps and child care assistance. GEEZ.
Granddaughter is not quite 11 months old and I am not ready for her to go to daycare. I am so not ready that we are making the committment that I will care for her on the days it is needed. Dave is off one weekday. I can go over there most of the time but I can also bring her back here to visit for a couple of days at a time too.

I'm looking forward to my future daughter-in-law's senior voice recital on the 29th.