Monday, February 27, 2006

monday morning quarterback

My sister called me from Maui last night. She had to make sure I was okay because I hadn't blogged in a while. This was right after I published the previous poem. I think it's nice that this is one of the ways she keeps up with me.

I don't know why I haven't been blogging... maybe taking a little break.

I went to church yesterday for the 1st time in a while... Transfiguration Sunday. Mike preached a good sermon. I've been thinking about something he said. Paraphrased here: We talk about "What Would Jesus Do"... we should look at What Did Jesus Do. I say What is Jesus doing? Sometimes it doesn't look like much, huh?

Looking around yesterady, after being gone so many months it was nice to see how much some of the children had grown and how much the number of children had grown. The family in front of me is expecting their 2nd child, it was the year anniversary of an organ transplant for one young girl, several more gay and lesbian couples were there, the music was the same, dull.

I've registered for the Adult Ed study on music as a spiritual practice. I'm looking forward to that. The text is "A Song to Sing, A Life to Live by Don Saliers and Emily Saliers ( one of the Indigo Girls) I am looking forward to that!