Wednesday, January 18, 2006

More of David Englin

This is the response to an email I sent to Del. David Englinm 45th District, Virginia House of Delegates regarding his speech on the he floor of the Virginia House of Delegates. I posted his speech earlier.

This is someone I can look to support over time.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Friend,

Thank you for your terrific note of support for my stand against the
discriminatory amendment to the Virginia constitution that will outlaw
same-sex marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships. I had hoped to
respond to you personally, but I'm being flooded with supportive messages
from all over the country, and -- while I am reading them all -- I'm afraid
there are so many that I have to reply with this form letter.

As I open my email to a flood of messages from people all across American
and from all walks of life, I'm reminded of my favorite quote from Robert
F. Kennedy:

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy
and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest
walls of oppression and resistance."

Please know that your message of thanks and support strengthens my resolve
and gives me great hope for the future of our country. I will continue to
do my part to fight for equal rights for all Virginians, and I hope you
will go to my website, http://www.davidenglin.org, and sign up for my email
newsletter to keep informed about my efforts. I know that together, with
courage, we will transform Virginia and America for the better.

With hope for the future,

David

P.S. - A number of people have asked how they can contribute to my efforts.
It is against Virginia law for me to solicit or accept contributions while
the legislature is in session, but if you go to my website
(http://www.davidenglin.org) and sign up for my email list, we'll let you
know when the session ends.
______________
Del. David Englin
45th District, Virginia House of Delegates
http://www.davidenglin.org
804-698-1045

In response to: